THE GOALS OF RESEARCH PLAN:
- To improve the health status of the women with or without pregnancy .
- Providing the scientific care and management for maternity and gynecological problems. Through researching the health problems in the community and finding solutions for the obstetrical and gynecological problems.
- Supervision for post graduate Arabian and Iraqi followships in obstetric and gynaecology.
THE BROADLINES OF THE RESEARCH:
The research goal for the Department of obstetrics and Gynaecology is to develop the infrastructure for research interests that include.
- Maternal and neonatal mortality.
- Genital Cancer.
- Antenatal care and services.
- Infertility field.
- Screening for congenital anomalies.
- Recurrent pregnancy loss.
Maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality
- Incidence and causes of maternal mortality.
- Stillbirth, frequency, etiology, risk factors evalulation.
- Association of parity with perinatal mortality outcome among triplets.
- Role of primary health center in detection of high risk group in pregnancy.
- Role of Ginger in management of merning sickness.
- Liptin level in hyperemesis gravidarum.
- Fetal and maternal outcome in anemic women attending in labour.
- Letrazole versus clomiphene citratc in induction of ovulation in women with PCO.
- Ovarian reservoir and IVF outcome.
- Assisted hatching and IVF outcome.
- Reliability of expected date of delivery.
- Role of serum calcium and magnesium on preterm labour.
- The use of progesterone in prevention of preterm labour.
- A 10 year review of rupture pregnant uterus in Basrah Maternity and child hospital.
FETAL CONGENITAL MALGORMATION:
Incidence and types of fetal and neonatal malformations.
- Role of different route of misopristone in termination of pregnancy.
- Thyroid hormone changes in threatened abortion and normal healthy pregnancy.
II. PLACE OF RESEARCH:
2.Primary health care centers.
5. Special medical centers.
III. WQUIPMENTS FOR THE PRESEARCH:
- Equipments in medical laboratories.
IV. DURATION OF RESEARCH:
Ranging from 1-2 years.