- Excellence of teaching in pathology and forensic medicine and service.
- Dedication in performing our academic duties.
To develop an outstanding, honorable pathologist, researcher and teacher capable of offering adequate laboratory services and medical ethics.
- To advance the knowledge base of pathology and forensic medicine by developing and encouraging scientific research.
- To disseminate knowledge through continuing education of our students, graduates faculty and colleagues.
- To promote outstanding programs of laboratory services to serve society and to promote environmental development.
- To maintain the environment of co-operation, peer relation and mutual respect in the university society.
- To encourage and to foster the individual creativity in the university society.
1. Understand and apply general facts in the field of pathology for third year medical students and forensic medicine for fourth year medical students.
2. Observe and analyze pathological variables.
3. Link between the pathological changes and manifestations of the disease.
4. Acquire the ability to identify and find appropriate solutions to medical problems.
5. Understand the role of the pathologists as a member of an integrated medical team responsible for the diagnosis of the medical case, and the identification of the appropriate treatment.
6. Learn how to care and preserve tissues taken from patients till delivered to the laboratory in good condition for diagnosis.
7- To provide basic background of different medicolegal aspects of living and dead individuals including body remains, and the ability to write medicolegal reports and death certificate.
8-To provide basic knowledge of medical ethics and malpractice
9-To provide ability to diagnose and manage intoxicated patients.
10 –For postgraduate student should be by the end of the course:
A) Familiar with:
1) The different hematologic & histopathologic disorders and their lab. Diagnosis.
2) The common & relevant malignant diseases and their histopathological lab diagnosis.
3) Basic lab techniques (clinical & chemical lab. Medicine)
B) Able to:
1) Properly diagnose the various hematologic, histopathologic diseases.
2) Properly interpret the results of the various lab techniques required to diagnose surgical and medical problems.
c) Perform thoroughly: the relevant hematologic and histopathologic techniques commonly applied.