1. Participation in the development and maintenance of high quality graduates through medical education and research activities in the field of microbiology and biotechnology.
- Participation in the graduation of doctors that have the knowledge, attitude and skills enable them to practice medicine safely.
- The development and advancement of postgraduate studies to train joiners in medical profession in the field of medical microbiology and parasitology for MSc and PhD studies in the department.
- Working with other clinical and basic sciences departments to establish firm lines of applied research and making better utilization of research results in collaboration with benefited groups.
- Providing direct health services to the community by the members of microbiology staff through public health settings and private sectors beside the work in Basrah university medical center.
Working to establish highly advanced research and diagnostic laboratories and development of investigational and research unit for infectious diseases